Should you’ve by no means had Halloumi, your life is about to vary. Fried Halloumi Tacos are the secret this season.
Somebody within the super secret What’s Gaby Cooking Facebook group requested about Halloumi the opposite day and it obtained me fascinated by tacos!! Should you’ve by no means tried Halloumi earlier than – prepare! It’s an unripened brined cheese that has a brilliant excessive melting level which implies one factor… it may be PAN FRIED and/or grilled. Sensible.
Primarily you prepare dinner it in just a little oil to crisp it up which ends up in a crispy crust on the skin of the cheese. You may put it on salads or pair it with veggies. Eat it plain or add it right into a bowl. Throw it with some contemporary watermelon in the summertime months…you title it. Or you possibly can throw it on prime of guacamole and smash right into a charred tortilla. It’s perfection so far as vegetarian tacos go! These are the secret! Particularly as we watch for spring to roll in and for taco season to actually begin!
For the Halloumi cheese
- 8-10 ounces Halloumi cheese
- Olive oil for frying
- Kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper and purple pepper flakes for seasoning
For the Tacos
- Eight small flour or mushy corn tortillas
- 1 recipe Charred Corn Guacamole
- Recent cilantro
- Lemon or lime wedges for serving
- Drain the halloumi and reduce it into cubes or strips. Pat the cubes very dry with paper towels.
- Warmth the olive oil in a forged iron skillet over medium warmth. Add the halloumi and prepare dinner for a couple of minutes with out stirring, till the bottoms are well-browned. Flip the halloumi cubes with a pair of tongs, and brown them on the opposite sides.
- Switch the fried cheese to a bowl and season with salt, black pepper and purple pepper flakes.
- Warmth every tortilla over an open flame till pliable.
- Line half of every tortilla with guacamole. High with fried halloumi. Sprinkle of cilantro. Serve with lemon and lime wedges.